An Evening In Words
Curated by: Women Empowered – India (WE)
Language Arts, Music
Women Empowered – India (WE) presents ‘An Evening in Words’
'An Evening In Words' will have poets reading out what they love best. Each one will offer glimpses of 'light', that permeates their being and finds expression in their verse, light that shines through the darkest of times. It is so fitting that there will be music flowing through the evening, as musician poet, Inam Hussain Mullick, plays his favorite compositions. Inam plays free jazz, folk and modern classical.
The poets: Kala Ramesh, Anju Makhija, Bina Sarkar Ellias, Vinita Agarwal, Gayatri Chawla, Smeetha Bhoumik, Smita Sahay, Neha Mishra Jha, Shuchi Mehta, Tripurari Kumar Sharma, Ramneek Singh and Rochelle Potkar
The readings will be followed by a discussion on the book ‘Veils, Halos & Shackles: International Poetry on the Oppression and Empowerment of Women’ edited by Charles Fishman and Smita Sahay. Smita will also lead the discussion.
The entry to the program is free.
Important instructions and G5A House Rules:
- Upon entering Laxmi Mills Estate, go straight followed by a right-right-left and go until the end of the lane to find our center on the left
- If coming via Tulsi Pipe Road, please enter the Western Railways Sports Complex gate to discover the alternate access route to our center [Note: this route is for pedestrians only]
- G5A does not provide valet parking, please use the common parking space at Laxmi Mills Estate
- We request you to bring warm clothes as it gets chilly inside the Black Box
- Food, beverages and water strictly prohibited inside the Black Box
- Seating at the Black Box is on first-come, first-served basis. Please do come 15 mins prior to the show and enjoy a good cup of coffee at our in-house cafe, PORT.